Stopovers are the most amazing and awaited element of your planned trips. For most of the travellers, flyers or the explorers getting a stopover in Dubai and spending some relaxing time is what they need to look for. One could be flying to India, Nepal, Pakistan, Europe or back to Australia from your destinations. For people who like breaking trips into segments, some sightseeing can be a little more fun.
Many airline like Emirates or Etihad Airways take their route through Dubai, Being a renowned stopover destination, there is a lot to explore in Dubai. With an indoor ski slope, impressive buildings, water parks, larger than life shopping centres, aquariums and amazing spice markets - Dubai is the best stopover destination in the whole world.
NAME OF THE AIRPORT : DUBAI INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (DBX) This airport is so busy that it feels the whole world has reached the airport at one time. It is the most amazing cultural hub with people from varied diversities around. It is conveniently located at a distance of 6km from the city. Surrounded by desert and the Arabian Gulf, Dubai offers a lot within an hour of time.
STOPOVER WHILE TRAVELLING TO : For most routes between Europe, Asia and Australasia.
STOPOVER TIPS :
- With a few hours to spare : The quickest thing to be done in a short span is to walk straight to the airport lounges for some pampering. Moreover, Zen Gardens in Terminal 1 is a sight to the eyes. You can also stop by the Dubai Duty-Free concourse for gold and authentic oud incense.
- With up to 4 hours to spare : Take a taxi to the downtown and feel the magnificence of Burj Khalifa - at 828m, it is the tallest building in the world. If you want to skip the mainstream, the other highlights are Atmosphere Bar, world’s biggest shopping mall - Dubai Mall and Dubai Fountains.
- With up to 8 hours to spare : Away from the glitz of city, explore Bur Dubai, Dubai Creek and the Al Fahidi Historic District. You can also pick a small passenger boat from Deira Old Souk Abra Station and explore the trading port with a rich history.
- With up to 12 hours to spare : An evening in Dubai is like a dream. A cab ride to Dubai Marina or eating at the Lebanese restaurant with great options in shisha - pure stopover bliss.http://www.thatdubaisite.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Dubai-Marina.jpg
- With up to 24 hours to spare : You will have a lot of choices to make here with what to see and what to leave for the next stopover in Dubai. There is a plethora of places to explore, including, Deira Fish Market, Ras Al Khor Nature Reserve, Kite Beach, Al Marmoum Camel Racetrack, Dubai Miracle Garden, Sheikh Mohammed Centre for Cultural Understanding, Middle Eastern food tour with Frying Pan Adventures, Rooftop Gardens at the Wafi Pyramids for a free movie, night city tour, try a traditional Arabic Shisha Pipe, stargazing in the desert, a sunrise hot air balloon ride over the desert and much much more.